August 14, 2008

Do you smell that?


Davidoff Cool Water

I have been busy getting the stock inventory done these past few days hence the lack of updates. Thanks to Therry who have reminded me to update my blog :)

I don’t know if it is just me or what but I have an uber sensitive nose, so I get headaches if I'm exposed to overwhelming odors for too long. There are some smells that I love such as - freshly cut grass, clean bed sheets, freshly baked bread and cakes, cooking aromas, coffee, fried onions, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, lavender, lemon grass, vanilla, pandan leaves to name a few.

Now, the smells that I detest in random order are gasoline/diesel emissions, durian, cigarette smoke, newly painted wall, those air fresheners for cars, stinky feet and stinky socks. What about you??? Name as many or as few smells as you love and hate! Thanks!

8 comments:

Ivy said...

My fav are all that you mentioned El! Except I love durian too hehehe... other than that I'm with you all the way!

Anonymous said...

I love Durian!! But my beau totally hates it LOL

I also love the smell of fresh soil when it has been rained down, a new car's upholstery, fresh and clean bed sheets (not new), my beau (he smells sooooo good I don't think he has body odor at all!) and my dog, and the smell of the pages of a new book.

I don't like the smell of new clothes, whitening agents, disinfectants, cigarettes, lemon, oil paints and turpentines and medicines!

Unknown said...

I love the smell of fresh bread just came out from the oven, ohhh heaven...

Lorraine said...

Smells I love: apple pie with cinnamon, fresh soil after rain, ylang ylang, my sun créme (this always reminds me of summer), Sea, newspapers in the morning, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lavender, Kemangi, freshly grounded Ketumbar seeds, ginger etc...etc...

Smells I hate: fake leather, rubber, plastic, pare & new carpet.

Anonymous said...

On the contrary, I love the smell of gasoline and the newly bought "spidol". Dunno why, maybe the chemical stuff that attracts me.

I love the smell of the wet earth, of steaming hot rice (and sayur lodeh with sambel terasi hehehe), oranges, my budgies (I tend to bury my nose to their furry back hehe)

hmm....what else? oh yeah and Kenzo's Flower

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot:

Smells I hate: Sweat, Leather (fake or not), poo-poo and pee-pee (who doesn't? LOL), paint......and a lot others that I cannot remember

Anonymous said...

sukanya bau bedak bayi... enak bangettt...soffft hehee :)

ga sukanya bau petai :P

Anonymous said...

i like everything naturally fresh, of course. i detest cheap bathroom fresheners- worse than the bathroom smell, i think.

there are perfume that i do and don't like. strong ones are definitely no no because they give me headache.