March 15, 2007

Is it just me?

Migraine, irritability, bloating — these are just some of the symptoms that I experience every month. No, am not talking about PMS ... this is about my recurring endo. I notice that I get bloated when I eat certain things but pain level is random. It becomes sharp randomly, then disappears and then appears again sometimes on both sides but most of the times on the left side. I tried to cut out dairy, wheat, caffeine, chocolate, and sugar but each day, I ate foods that contained one of the above except for coffee. This affects fluctuating levels of estrogen and the problem that arise from those fluctuations. None of them good, of course. The doctor recommended a calcium, magnesium and zinc supplement. And he recommended to try the acupuncture treatment.

Well, I'm doing all those things. I'm also avoiding any skincare products that contains Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Butyl Paraben or any of the related Parabens as those are estrogenic. We'll see how this all works. I was just so relieved that I'm not the only one who's going through this problem. And that there is probably something I can do about it. Hopefully ...

No comments: