September 4, 2007

7 months later


Today is the 7 months anniversary of the passing of my beloved dog, Fatso. In case you missed it, here's what I wrote about all that a couple of months ago. Even now, it's hard to believe he has left this earth, or whatever it is that happens to dogs when they die. I will NEVER get over the absence of his in my life. He can never be replaced even though there is a cat in my live that is helping me deal with his loss. Well Fatso never liked cats, in fact he loved to chase them - what dogs don't?? ...He was territorial (a defense mechanism from his days as a stray), and he barked at larger dogs. However, he was also extremely loyal, could walk down busy streets off lead and stopped when asked to, and he was easy to be around. He never bit anyone, nor did he ever show the least bit of aggression unless he felt threatened (he once started a fight with a big dog in the neighborhood that made me screamed and threw slipper to his opponent, I think my voice scared off his enemy ...LOL!). He was the perfect dog and I loved him with my whole heart. Thank you Fatso, you were the best friend a person could ever ask for. Below is a poem I found from the net in memory of Fatso :

In My Heart

I thought of you with love today, but that is nothing new.
I thought about you yesterday, and days before that too.
I think of you in silence. I often speak your name.
Now all I have is memories, and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is my keepsake, with which I’ll never part.
God has you in his keeping.
I have you in my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fatso was a beautiful dog! he was a good dog and was a perfect companion for you. am sure he is still watching over you or maybe he sent the cat to keep you a company in his absence.

Elyani said...

thanks Belle, sometimes I still miss him like he was just here yesterday.