April 27, 2008

Inacraft 2008

Yes, it's that time of year again - Inacraft 2008 time! Now in it's tenth year, the big craft fair was held at Jakarta Convention Centre from April 23 to April 27, 2008.

So, yesterday morning, my sis, bro in law and I took off to JCC. After some traffic issues and the difficulty to find a parking spot, we managed to get there. If you are not able to walk a lot you will be in trouble. We had to park at least 15 minutes away from the building. We arrived at the ticket area (you had to pay 10,000 Rupiah / USD 1.20 for entrance fee) around 11am and it was already jam-packed. Once you get into the building it was so crowded that you couldn't take a step without bumping into someone. Making it difficult to browse the goods, let alone taking good pictures. In fact it seemed more crowded than last year. There were many wonderful selection, beautiful works of art in assorted categories and lots of vendors. I bought several batik table clothes, wall hanging and painted wooden bowls.

Some of the shots I took are blurry and this doesn't nearly cover everything there, but anyhow, I'll share with you random pics I took with my camera...enjoy!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't come to the exhibition, traffic excuse as ussual. However, I always amaze with handicraft from Indonesia, those are beautiful art works. When I was in NY, they exhibited a collection of Cirebon masks in a famous gallery with many positive reviews from local media. People from foreign country can somehow appreciate our products more than we do. Nice pictures, btw.

Anonymous said...

Produkt-nya bener2 asli tradisional El, aku jadi pingin nih ...

Therry said...

Those lamps are amazing! Romantic in a middle-eastern kind of way ...

I didn't end up going btw T_T

But next year I'm definitely going! I must I must improve my bust (loh?)

Finally Woken said...

If only I could go there. Only after living abroad (or have been to other countries) I could appreciate our artists and their products. Every time I go to Vietnam, for example, I'd go back with almost nothing, because everywhere I look, I always tell myself that people in Bali or Central Java can make those much better. Here in Aberdeen there's a shop called the Pier and is full of furniture and arts from Asia, including Indonesia.

Ah, if only our people can appreciate our own products...

Anonymous said...

I was working in Jababeka I, huge facility. Yes, they are for US market.