January 4, 2008

Juice of the week


I drink freshly made fruit and veggie combo nearly every day and one of my favorite blend is apple-celery juice.

Here's what you need :
3 granny apples (have it's skin removed) cored and cut into chunks.
1 stalk celery, cut into big chunks.
1 cup chilled water.

How to make them :
I am using a fast speed blender, I don't have a juicer. First off, add chilled water into the blender , then add the apples and celery. Pulse ground (on and off the machine) for a couple of times, then, turn up the speed of the blender until the mixtuer well blended. Strain with the sifter before serving. This combo is so refreshing, healthy and a great way to start off your morning. If you want to know more about celery juice benefit, please read it here.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like apple, but celery? errr... I don't think so.. :)

Must be taste like soup, isn't it?

Elyani said...

@Ecky : at first I didn't like it either, but now it is one of my favorite blend. The celery juice has a mix of salty and bitter taste or should I'd say a unique taste :)

Anonymous said...

ummm...it looks great..green...hehe..i like green..I haven't try celery juice..maybe I should try the recipe :)