I've been tagged for another meme by Anna. The topic is Global Warming awareness. I am an admitted latecomer to environmental concerns but I do believe that our life styles have contributed to the global warming problem. It's never too late to start caring for the earth and that it can all start from home. So here we go :
1. I’m not a vegetarian, but I have cut back my meat consumption (for a few years now), especially red meat or their byproducts. Only in special occasions will I eat meat and that is normally in a small portion.
2. I wash my hair every morning but I almost always let my hair dry naturally. I don't like blow drying my hair and I do not use hairspray either.
3. Take public transport whenever possible.
4. Use energy saving bulbs in my house and turn the light off whenever the rooms are unoccupied. Same for TV and computer.
5. Donate usable clothing, newspapers, magazines.
6. Use hands to wash my clothes and line dry them (in Jakarta the clothes dry quite fast because the weather in general is pretty warm).
7. Print on both sides of paper whenever possible.
8. Use home air conditioning sparingly.
That's all I can think of at the moment, Anna! Have a nice weekend.