January 28, 2008

My reptile shoes

Do you know the shoes that look like a reptile snout? They are a little on the ugly side, have lollipop-colored range, lightweight, have large ventilation holes, and have Alligator tag on each side. They are becoming quite popular here in Jakarta mainly for kids but I have seen a lot of adults in them too. They are comfortable, very safe and they really grip your feet. For those who hate them, they are viewed as the biggest fashion disaster.
I don't fancy them, but my boss wife sent me one pair of crocs upon hearing my rants about the possibility of getting another flood this year. Last year my area of Jakarta was drowning under, after two days torrential rains. One of the worst things dealing with the flood was when you do not have proper footwear. I got cuts from stepping into God know what since everything was washed by the water. I personally don't think I will be wearing my crocs any time soon though but it's better to be prepared than surprised like last year.

11 comments:

Anna Rochanti Madden said...

Crocs are popular too in here. Btw, is that you in the picture?

amelia s said...

Hi, Elyani salam kenal dari Houston.

My family loves Crocs.
Looks like you have the "original" crocs. I have a generic brand and I thinks is not as soft and comfy as the real crocs. Anyway, I always borrow my 10 years old son Crocs (he has the real crocs and his shoe size is 1/2 size bigger than mine). Infact, I am wearing a pair of crocs right now.

Elyani said...

@Anna : the pink lady with the brolly is not me. She's a Korean neighbor who lived a few blocks from my place. I took a lot of pictures from the balcony, the first floor was flooded about 22 inches high. It was an unforgettable experience but one thing I wish I do not have to go thru again.

Elyani said...

@Amelia : hi Amel, thanks for stopping by my place. I don't know if mine is original or not, my boss daughter bought them for me from Singapore. Red is not my favorite color but the boss dear daughter insisted red will look nice on me...hehehe!

Anonymous said...

iya..aku banyak banget liat sepatu ginian.. entah kenapa aku ga suka modelnya.. hehehe :) kayaknya aneh.. tapi banyak yang suka ternyata.. :)
banjir emang suka ada dimana2.. dulu zaman aku ngekos...sengsaranya ga bisa kemana2.. terkurung dalam kos :)

Eka said...

Mmmm ... dah siap2 gempuran banjir ??? Tapi mang high risk yah ... aku perhatiin tinggi air setara level jalan di tol.

Tapi mudah2an sih ngga kejadian kaya tahun lalu ...

Eka
http://www.celoteh-c-lo.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I never like Croocs, it's soo ugly :)

But hey, if it's useful, why not ;)

Finally Woken said...

Call me silly, but I prefer to look sexy and pretty and sacrifice comfort. I won't wear crocs because the model is too bulky for me, and I feel like with my short legs, they will make me look shorter again! Oh well, that's how far a woman goes in the name of fashion! ;)

Anonymous said...

Those crocs are so comfy!! I tried once at the mall but did not buy though hehe.

Therry said...

My dad friend is this Korean dude who owned shoe factory and he made fake-Crocs, but really good ones which you can't even tell the differences.

Anyway, Dad brought home some since he got them for free but they were all so HUGE, the only people who got to wear them was Dad and my fiance. There were none in my size T_T

They look kinda like dutch clogs - you know those bulky wooden shoes? They are comfy and probably looks good with knee-length cargos and t-shirt (trekking style) he3x.

Anonymous said...

These shoes are not for me